Friday, March 02, 2007

Cilantro

  • When buying herbs, I had to be careful not to mistake cilantro (http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cilantro.htm ) for parsley.Although I like coriander, I'm not fond of cilantro. Perhaps I just don't know how to cook with it.
  • Large bunches of cilantro and parsley are piled next to each other in the shouk on tables at stands that sell parsely, mint, dill, cilantro, green onions, celery, and various types of lettuce year round, and sometimes parsnips.
  • All but the parsnips are much less expensive than in their least expensive Wisconsin seasons.
  • To be sure I got parsley, I could smell the wet bunch or ask, "petrozilia?"
  • A large bunch of mint, parsley, dill, or cilantro is about 35 cents (1.5NIS) at the stand where it is always very fresh, or two thirds that on special.

Copyright 2007 Jane S. Fox

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home