Wednesday, January 20, 2016

La Boca

Ate dinner at La Boca on Shlontsion HaMalka. Hadn't noticed how many restaurants, some quite upscale, are on this street now. Well, I am usually in the neighborhood on Saturday morning on my way to a walking tour.

Now that my digestion can no longer handle dairy, kosher meat restaurants are a joy. True, I don't eat meat, but they generally have fish (which I do eat) on the menu, and, like many, La Boca even had more than one tempting vegetarian dish.

Even in a kosher dairy restaurant they understand that "no dairy" means no dairy products at all from any animal. No, "I didn't think you included butter."

Walking down HaSoreq and Yodef Rivlin to Hillel Street, I noticed many more new restaurants. Even in a light rain, they seemed to be doing well. Tourists? Locals with money and leisure?

Copyright 2016 Jane S. Fox

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home