Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stop Lights

The municipality has placed stoplights at the corner of Rav Berlin and Aza and a little way down at the corner of HaTibonim. Getting to the bus just became safer.

When the sirens went off, rising and falling, I though it unlikely that rockets were on the way to Jerusalem. In any case it's hard enough for the sun to get to the windows of this flat. I turned on radio and TV. After a few minutes they announced that a "technical problem" had set off the warning.

If I'd been walking down the street would I have felt different? If people around me had seemed disturbed? I wonder how the cellphone lines held up. I don't have a service that surfs the Web, but many people do, and even I might have phoned to ask someone to turn on the radio.

Copyright 2009 Jane S. Fox.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home