Friday, January 28, 2011

Israel Museum Reopened

Went to the finally-reopened Israel Museum this morning. Lovely and frustrating. I hope they don't think they've finished labeling the artifacts in the archaeology section. I'm willing to think they have a reason for placing benches where people seated on them can't see anything of interest. Maybe it has something to do with traffic patterns. One is opposite a freight elevator.

We took a Hebrew tour. Good guides always add to my enjoyment. I caught part of one of the English tours. Also good. The tours are free. Ask at the information desk. Several people had fold-up stools I want to try. Because these were identical, I'm pretty sure they rented them at the museum. Next time we go, I'll check that out.

The museum now includes several small restaurants and at least one snack bar. There was live music in the entrance building restaurant, for which you do not need a museum ticket.

Copyright 2011 Jane S. Fox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home