Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra

Tonight's concert (30 NIS for people who were at the Etnakhta concert Monday) -- early 20th century French music.

The soloist, a Russian pianist, played an encore by Brahms. I'm told Russian soloists expect to play encores.

The walls of the lobby outside the auditorium are bare -- first time I've seen them without art. In other lobbies the current paintings are not anything that holds my interest. Sculptures to the right of the main entrance are worth looking at though.

If you ever lose something at the Jerusalem Theater, ask the receptionist just inside the door to the offices (the entrance in between the ticket office and the main entrance). I left my pocket diary at the etnakhta concert and got it back before the Jerusalem Symphony concert. It's full of names for which I have no faces, times with no indication of related events, and odd notes. Also has both Israel and US phone number, plus one each from England and France.

Copyright 2011 Jane S. Fox

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home